Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spicy Cucumber Salad



I hope you're all having a great start to your week!  I know for a lot of people you crash on the weekends and then pick back up starting Monday.  If that's the case, then this is a great salad to use for lunches, dinners or just a snack.  This salad has very few calories and you can eat more than usual and still loose weight.  Besides the benefits of cucumbers, the spices in this dish will rev up your metabolism and help you burn off those calories and feel good again.  Let me know what you think of this recipe!  I found it off Jeanette's Healthy Living:)  I would like to find a few more cucumber salad recipes to get me through spring and summer, if you have a favorite let me know:)  Thanks!


Make it a great day!


2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp red pepper flakes (adjust for more or less spicy)
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp sugar

Combine cucumbers in salt and in colander, place over a bowl. Allow to sit for 25 minutes.
Place salted cucumbers on a layer of paper towels and pat dry.
Combine red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, garlic, oil and sugar in bowl.
Add cucumbers and toss well.
Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment