Monday, September 10, 2012

Juicing And Pregnancy




I know it’s been a long while since I’ve published a post.  I kind of just left you hanging and I apologize for that.  To fill you in, I got in a horse accident and then at the same time got pregnant.  I couldn’t even walk until about August which honestly was hard but I was so sick from being pregnant that even if I wanted to work out I couldn’t.  I’m now past most of the intense sickness and only get nauseated if I don’t eat often.  Speaking of eating often...I have not been eating very well the past little while and I don’t like the feeling of it.  I’m now on a healthy kick again and ready to begin really focusing on whatever I put into my mouth being nutrient dense so it counts for something other than expanding my butt!  Oh, and come January, well realistically probably February due to healing time I am going to be super specific about exactly what I am doing and eating on a daily basis to loose all of my baby weight and get back in shape!  My goal is to loose everything within 3-4 months!  It can be done!  It will be done!  And I would love for you to do it with me:)  So in the meantime let’s be healthy and try to avoid indulging during the many Holidays to come:)

K- back to the real post subject.  My sweet neighbor gave me a juicer a while back and I haven’t touched the thing...:)  I thought it would be a great idea to begin juicing but when I began my research I came across some info that changed my mind for now.  Below are a few of the things I took away from what I researched.

“Few people are aware, as an example, that juicing while pregnant can actually cause your newborn problems. Why might this be? Because while the mother is carrying the child, if she juices, then the fetus is getting extra nutrition. First, this nutrition can be too much of a certain vitamin or mineral which could possibly cause harm. But more importantly, it can also cause the newborn child to become nutritionally deficient fast. Studies have shown, as an example, that a mother who takes a lot of vitamin C while pregnant may give birth to a child who then suffers from scurvy. Why would this happen? Because once born, the child is getting less vitamin C than it is used to causing it to be vitamin C deficient.”  This info is from juicing book.com
Just goes to show, eat everything (healthy food) in moderation!!!  I try to eat what’s in season so I get a good mix of different fruits and veggies:)  I love getting my produce from local co-ops or farmers markets:)  If you live in Utah and know of a really good organic farmers market or co-op that you’ve tried please leave the info in the comments below!  
Thanks for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment