Monday, November 28, 2011

Make It Happen!





If you REALLY want it, then you WILL do whatever you need to do to MAKE IT HAPPEN! I know it can be hard to stay motivated and hopefully this blog along with other things will help you stay motivated to live a more healthy and balanced lifestyle. What things are the most MOTIVATING to YOU?

Last week I posted a Jump Start Challenge for my friends and you are more than welcome to follow along. This week the diet part will be about the same, minus the dairy. I'm also taking out the protein powder in my oatmeal in the mornings and replacing it with a little handful of chopped nuts. The diet plan will still be about 5-6 SMALL meals a day spacing them out about 3-4 hours. Drink lots of water. If exercising is too much to do EVERYDAY for beginners then just do every other day until you feel more comfortable.


I did HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) this morning for 12 minutes. I'm use to the HIIT by now so I just make up my own depending on what I feel needs worked.

Mine went like this…

50 seconds high knees
10 seconds rest
50 seconds squat thrust with 10 lb weights in each hand (I hold them on top of my shoulders by my ears with my arms bent)
10 second rest
50 seconds push-ups (I got super tired so when I slowed down I was still holding my plank position. Sometimes I go down to girl push-ups when I get tired but I'm trying to only do boy push-ups)
10 seconds rest
50 seconds mountain climber twist (get in regular mountain climber position but when you bring your knees up, bring knee up to opposite shoulder so you're working more of your obliques)
10 seconds rest
I repeated this 2 more times.

Make it a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I NEED to do your jumpstart challenge! I have been a wreck since Thanksgiving. It was fine to indulge for one day but I haven't been able to reign it back in! I've been eating so much crap I feel horrible! My saving grace is that I've still been getting my runs in but running isn't as fun when you've been fueling with garbage! Thanks for the motivation, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca:) I know how hard it can be to stay on the right path... You can do this! Just think...If you eat super good until Christmas then when those sticky buns come around Christmas morning you can enjoy one, guilt free! :) Loving your comment!

    ReplyDelete