Friday, September 23, 2011

Snacks



I've recently had a lot of inquiries about what I would recommend for snacks. I personally love to snack and probably 90% of the time have something in my purse just in case I need a good healthy snack. I generally never go more than 3-4 hours between eating, this way I keep my metabolism going. If you wait too long to eat between meals your body automatically goes into starvation mode and you will store whatever you consume even if it's healthy. I try to keep my snacks between 150 and 250 calories.

Here is a list of some of the snacks that I eat on a regular basis. The basic principal I use is to make sure I have a little carb, a little fat and a little protein with each snack.

* Cottage cheese with some kind of fruit and a few nuts
* Beef Jerky with some fruit
* Hummus with veggies and fruit
* 2 rice cakes with almond or peanut butter and honey or jam(low sugar but not with any kind of fake sugars) and some kind of veggie
* 2 hard boiled eggs with hot sauce and some fruit or veggies
* Protein shake with spinach and 1/2 a banana. I make mine with almond milk.
* String cheese with some fruit and or veggies
* Laughing cow cheese with 1 serving of crackers and some veggies
* Protein bars that have the fewest carbs and sugar(make sure they don't contain sugar alcohol)
* peanut butter filled pretzels with some fruit and or veggies

1 comment:

  1. Awesome snack ideas! I'll definitely have to put some of these on the grocery list. thanks!

    ReplyDelete