Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sugar




I wanted to do a post on sugar but there is so much more than just sugar that I want to talk about. I need to do a lot more research and probably do a few different posts. Below is all I've got for today:) Scary!

Aspartame is the sweetener they use in most soft drinks and has been linked to over 90 different adverse reactions and side effects including death, cancer and birth defects. It's also been reported that when you ingest aspartame you end up craving more sugar and carbs(ultimately sugar).

Stevia is one of the latest and hottest sweeteners. I've purposefully stayed clear of this only because it wasn't real sugar. I began briefly researching this and one of the first things I came across was a precaution for pregnant or breast-feeding mothers to be safe and don't use it because there's not enough evidence to mark as safe. That says a lot in it's self!!!

More to come on this subject. In the meantime, my theory is that your body knows what to do with real sugar and all this "fake" stuff that is made up of who knows what and turns into who knows what in our bodies is completely foreign to our bodies therefore creates health issues!

If you have any input on this please leave a comment below! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment