Monday, December 5, 2011

Foods You Should Never Eat



According to Prevention Magazine, there are that you should never eat because they have so many chemicals and toxins. It's so hard to know what to eat and what not eat now a days. My philosophy has always been, everything in moderation. For the most part I stick to that but when articles like this come out and say to NEVER eat these things, it's hard for me to think that if it really is horrible for us then why would they ever even allow it on our shelves in the first place. What are your thoughts?


5. Milk made with artificial hormones-most dairy farmers use a growth hormone to boost the production of milk in their cows, and it could cause cancer.

4. Non organic potatoes-since they are root vegetables, they absorb pesticides from the soil and once they are picked they are sprayed with chemicals again to keep them from sprouting.

3. Microwave popcorn-chemicals in the lining of the bag might cause infertility issues. Manufacturers have agreed to stop using the chemical, but it won’t be phased out until 2015.

2. Corn-fed beef- grass fed beef is higher in beta carotene, vitamin E, omega 3s, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. And it’s lower in saturated fat.

And the number one food that you shouldn’t be eating is…

1. Canned tomatoes- the lining in tin cans contain a synthetic compound called BPA that’s been linked to reproductive problems, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.

4 comments:

  1. Ya its all about the $$$, food companys will manipulate, and add whatever crap to their products they need to, to make it cheap to produce and more profitable for them. Even if that means putting peoples health at risk, its sad. and I dont trust the fda as far as I can throw them, they are approving all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I kinda feel the same. However and wherever they can make the most money....They WILL DO whatever they need to. It's unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. I had no idea about the canned tomatoes. I rarely use them but now I definitely won't. I'm so ready to move to a compound and grow all my own food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so welcome! I had heard something about this but didn't realize just how bad they are for you. It's unfortunate that we live in such a great country yet they allow such horrible things happen to our food.

    ReplyDelete